What can my AM do for me

Everyone has the right to contact their local Assembly Member (AM) to discuss issues affecting them, but there are specific areas they can deal with that are covered by the 20 devolved subjects.

Julie will do her best to help you, whatever your concern, and can act to help you as long as the issue is a devolved one (see below). Julie's constituency office staff are very experienced at dealing with issues which are personal or concern the local community. If your concern is a wider one, on a matter of policy, this will be dealt with by staff in Julie's office in Cardiff Bay.

Do I live in Julie Morgan's Cardiff North constituency area?

Julie Morgan represents Cardiff North which includes Gabalfa, Llandaff North, Whitchurch, Tongwynlais, Llanishen, Heath, Rhiwbina as well as rural north Cardiff including Lisvane. The constituency stretches west to include parts of Pontprennau and old St Mellons.

It is not the same as the Westminster MP's Cardiff North constituency

What issues are devolved from Westminster to Wales?

Many areas including health, education and the environment are devolved from Westminster to the Assembly. The list of issues Julie Morgan and her team can deal with is below. You should contact the current MP for Cardiff North for non-devolved issues including immigration.

Devolved areas of responsibility:

  • Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and rural development;

  • Ancient monuments and historical buildings;

  • Culture;

  • Economic development;

  • Education and training;

  • Environment;

  • Fire and rescue services and safety promotion;

  • Food;

  • Health and health services;

  • Highways and transport;

  • Housing;

  • Local government;

  • National Assembly for Wales;

  • Public services;

  • Social welfare;

  • Sport and recreation;

  • Tourism;

  • Town and country planning;

  • Water and flood defences;

  • Welsh Language.